In our recent post on creative ways to use photographs, we mentioned that putting your picture on your business card can have a huge impact. Well, today we’re sharing more tips for making your business card stand out. Of course, a business card is only is as good as the company who makes it, so be sure to choose Spencer Minuteman Press for your business card printing needs!
Think Outside the Square
99% of business cards are identical in size and shape: an 85mm x 54mm rectangle. The other 1%? They’re the folks getting the callback. Even something simple like going with rounded edges will make your business card unique and memorable. If you work in a traditional or formal industry, playing with the edges of the card might be as wild as you want to go. However, if you work in a field that’s more creative, consider going with a completely unique shape. Think about your logo: instead of putting a picture of a key on your business card, why not make your business card into the shape of a key? Thousands of business cards are exchanged in Melbourne’s CBD daily, so think outside the square to make yours stand out!
Rounded Edge Business Card
Make it Engaging
There’s a difference between looking at a business card and really seeing it. To make sure yours gets more than a cursory glance, force people to engage with it. For example, use both sides of the card. On the front, simply put your company name, your name, or your logo. The back will contain all of your contact details and other information. The small act of turning a card over will make your card interactive and, therefore, more memorable. Another option is to include a question on the card that’s relevant to your company. If you’re a bakery, print something like ‘When’s the last time you treated yourself?’ on the card. This immediately makes a connection with the person, making them more likely to remember you and to reach out in the future.
Focus on the Details
When your business card looks and feels high quality, it projects that you are high quality. Adding those finishing touches that feel luxurious and special will definitely make an impact. Consider embossing instead of traditional laser printing for an impressive touch. Choose the best paper within your budget, taking the weight, colour, and finish into account. Don’t assume that these extra details will cost you big. Give us a call to discuss all of the options we offer. We will work within your budget to make sure your business card stands out.
Whether you’re in need of fast printing services for your business cards or are looking to speak with a designer for professional help in creating your business card, Spencer Minuteman Press will take care of you. Come on in today!